Thursday, October 11, 2007

And Still More Scribble This......

Believe it or not, I do have other stamp sets, it's just that this flower worked so well with this design!

I needed a gift card holder card for work, one of the ladies has just done 20 years and work bought her a fairly decent sized voucher as a gift. I didn't want her to get just a piece of plastic so thought it would be nice to make her a card.

You can't see it in the scan but it lifts up at the scallop edge and there is a pocket inside for the gift card.

Splitcoast Stampers to the rescue - I found the perfect tutorial here http://bellepapier.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2007/09/06/pocket-card-a-challenge-a-tutorial/ thanks so much Julia for your fantastic tutorial, it was exactly what I needed! This card was the result:

Supplies Used:

Cardstock - Very Vanilla (it looks quite white in the scan), Cranberry Crisp, Marigold Morning and True Thyme Ink Pads - Basic Brown and Cranberry Crisp (to colour the flower)
Ribbon - Gold Organdy
Accessories - My fingernail to distress the edges, Sponge Dauber, Dimentionals, Slit Punch, Mat Pack
Non Stampin' Up! buttons from my stash - but they matched so well I had to use them!

No comments: